Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Count your blessings...


Hello there. It has been a while since my last post. My other half Mark keeps telling me that I should blog more often... but like a lot of things in life, out of sight is out of mind! One of the things my mother used to tell me was to count my blessings! As a child I never paid a lot of attention to this.... but now as an adult I have come to understand the value in it. If you live in Australia like i do then we really are blessed. Think about it.. Governments change without any blood being shed, we enjoy high standards of living and health care. In fact this has to be one of, if not the best place on earth to live. I have been visited by a Doctor from Iran who herself has had a bilateral mastectomy. Poorer women there do not have a government funded mastectomy service like Medicare here in Australia. After hearing her story, we gave her a large quantity of prostheses to help at least some of the women in her care.

Yes, we do live in the lucky country.

Debra

P.S. Where were you when man walked on the moon in 1969?

No comments: